Sections

Does the Garden Party Have A Perfect Sunny Records?

Don’t miss our updates:

State Supreme Court Justice Doris Ling-Cohan, who in 2005 issued a pro-marriage equality ruling overruled the following year by the State Court of Appeals. | DONNA ACETO

PHOTO ESSAY BY DONNA ACETO | From the very best recollections here at Gay City News, the annual Garden Party hosted by the LGBT Community Center on the Monday prior to the big Pride March always enjoys good weather. This year, on June 20 — the longest day of the year — the Center’s luck held out, making for a gorgeous party at Hudson River Park’s Pier 84 in Midtown, with prime Manhattan restaurants offering tastings to go with cocktails, entertainment, and remarks by community leaders and elected officials.

Community Center executive director Glennda Testone. | DONNA ACETO
Community Center executive director Glennda Testone. | DONNA ACETO

Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer with Andy Praschak. | DONNA ACETO
Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer with Andy Praschak. | DONNA ACETO

Former State Senator Tom Duane with Erik Bottcher, chief of staff to City Councilmember Corey Johnson. | DONNA ACETO

PHOTO BY DONNA ACETO
PHOTO BY DONNA ACETO

Johanne Morne, director of planning and policy at the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute. | DONNA ACETO

Leah Dindial (speaking) and Andrea Torres, winners of scholarships from the Imperial Court of New York. | DONNA ACCETO
Leah Dindial (speaking) and Andrea Torres, winners of scholarships from the Imperial Court of New York. | DONNA ACETO

PHOTO BY DONNA ACEOO
PHOTO BY DONNA ACETO

New York State Attorney General Eric Scheiderman. | DONNA ACETO
New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. | DONNA ACETO

Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum (r.) of Congregation Beit Simchat Torah, with Rabbi Rachel Weiss and her wife, Julia Tauber (r.). | DONNA ACETO

PHOTO BY DONNA ACETO

PHOTO BY DONNA ACETO

Updated 5:17 pm, July 20, 2018
Today’s news:

Don’t miss our updates:

Reader feedback

Eid Images says:
i wold love to attend this type of party
June 29, 2016, 1:33 am
Cary1939 says:
This is one of the best parties that I've read about.
Aug. 31, 2016, 8:47 am
rexgarden says:
Just got in from the walk in the actual snow. Great publish, I especiallu such as the one about a feeling of wonder as well as igniting the sensory faculties.
Oct. 2, 2016, 11:51 pm
James says:
Look so great Garden Party. Love to join party like that.
Oct. 11, 2016, 5:55 am
firmware says:
nice thanks for sharing.
Dec. 27, 2016, 7:40 am
Storage Solutions says:
Party in sun lite always a treat. In nature atmosphere everything is perfect.
Feb. 2, 2017, 12:12 pm
Emilia says:
You told about Garden party. I am obviously part of new nature motion. Because I may declare myself being an entrepreneur and I wish to build my business connecting individuals to nature. Through deep breathing, people may get closed towards the nature and I've devoted my life in this region.
March 18, 2017, 10:38 pm
solitaire game says:
if you wan to play solitaire free online game that is really a good game to play and grab the deal of the card game solitaire from the website that is solitairetimes.com and this website make no charges to play the solitaire times and have fun in the world of solitaire.
June 17, 2017, 1:11 pm
Public Storage says:
Garden is the best place to enjoy the parties and wedding ceremonies, the number of peoples are arranged the parties and wedding in open air instead of hotels. I need professional who can able to provide me the best assignment solutions.
July 12, 2017, 7:17 am
Nicole says:
My father passed away soon after my birth, and my mother struggled throughout her life to give me a better life. Now, when I have started earning, I planned a surprise birthday party for my mother with the help of Mr. Bonilla, who provides low-cost furniture rental for parties and events. My mother was delighted to see her friends and loved ones in the party after a long time.
July 30, 2017, 2:54 am
Duane E. Jupiter says:
Spent a week with Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band at Marvelous Marvs in Denver in 1971. He was kind enough to remember our band, the Jesters, when we performed on the same show in Ft Lauderdale in 1959. His loss was a truly sad one for me. Randy Meisner was his bass player at the time. A really nice guy.
Aug. 6, 2017, 10:47 pm
Duane E. Carverfes says:
Anyone looking for lyrics should go to ricknelson.net and look in discography.
Aug. 6, 2017, 10:48 pm
Rosemary N. David says:
Not one of my all time faves but it did distance Ricky from the Nelson family 50's mentallity and almost gave him an edge.
Aug. 6, 2017, 10:49 pm
Lucy R. Martin says:
I just read in an older article that Ricky was on his way to Dallas from Alabama when the plane crashed. Anyone know the details or where to find them?
Aug. 6, 2017, 10:51 pm
Lubica says:
A party would remain incomplete without dance and games. Why not enjoy the moments fully and try doing footwork on your favourite musical beats?
Aug. 10, 2017, 4:13 pm
Jason says:
Garden Party is the best party because I know a bit about this. Nice thanks for sharing.
Aug. 19, 2017, 5:57 pm
Andrew says:
My boss called up the guys from www.Tenthire.Capetown for organising the annual function of company in the lawn area, and handed over the task of looking at the party decorations over to me, but I was surprised to know that I had to do nothing because the professional party decorators had deep understanding of making all arrangements according to the occasion. You may try these experts for organising all kinds of parties and functions successfully.
Aug. 21, 2017, 5:44 am
Frank Simmons says:
Really happy to see those lovely people smiling. This is great opportunity to let them get together at a place and have some words with them and laugh with them. They look so alive in these photographs. I am really happy to watch those lovely photos of them. Thanks for sharing.
Oct. 22, 2017, 10:39 am
Anna says:
Hi Thanks for great work, I really like to know more :) Buying Guide: Top 10 Boxing Gloves Reviews, Ratings & Prices
Nov. 9, 2017, 10:13 am
Gardening says:
Thanks admin for sharing this cool posting i must try visit this site again. The forms of crops which can be greatest for hydroponics are ones with skinny spider-like roots. Vegetation that have a bulb root system are nonetheless greatest grown in the conventional soil method inside a pot or outside. When you find yourself ready to start, germinate the seeds to your crops like you normally would. When the seed has began to sprout and has roughly 2-5 millimeters of progress it is ready to transplant to the hydroponics container and start growing.If you need more info,Please visit this link best Gardening Resource
Nov. 14, 2017, 1:54 pm
Grow Tent says:
Excellent post! This article is very good and useful. I am very interesting in your blog. this blog is very useful nice information. A house-based mostly hydroponics garden can develop greens 12 months round. The priority about pests and the composition of the soil usually are not a difficulty with such a gardening. Another bonus with such a gardening is how briskly you possibly can have mature vegetables indoors. If you need more info,Please visit this link Best Grow Tent Review
Nov. 25, 2017, 6:56 am
Eileen says:
Garden parties are excellent. It's always relaxing and therapeutic and makes the process of meeting people even better.
Feb. 15, 2018, 10:06 am
Bopha says:
Nice Post and beautiful photos. I will come back again for next article. Thanks
July 5, 2018, 5:51 am

Comments closed.

Classifieds

Schneps Community News Group

Don’t miss out!

Stay in touch with your community. Subscribe to our free newsletter: